Saturday 19 October 2013

Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red #2) by Kerstin Gier Book Review

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.

At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.

My Rating: 4/5 stars


So, I give this book 4/5 stars but only because of Gideon. I felt like he really gave Gwen a hard time in this book. One minute he was kissing her and the next he was making her cry. It annoyed me how he was acting throughout the whole book and the ending was just the icing on the cake. Really, Gideon? I hope you redeem yourself in the next book. So yes, i did like this book more than Ruby Red but Gideon made me want to pull my hair out!


Gwen was still as amazing as she always! I think she is one of the most realistic funny protagonists I've ever come across and i will be very sad to read the last book. Lesley, Xemerius and Her made such an epic trio. Xemerius is just so funny and i love the little comments he makes and the way he helps her willingly. Oh, and i'm very interested to see what will happen with Lesley and Raphael. *WINK WINK*

At certain points , the time travel did confuse me but not so much that i didn't understand what the hell was going on, only in certain places. I still have loads and loads of unanswered questions that i'm hoping will be cleared up in the last book. What are the raven powers for example. As far as the the last book goes, i'm not too excited about it but more nervous. I just don't know how all my questions will be answered in just one book, but from other people's reviews I've heard Kerstin Gier ties everything up well.

                                                                                                                        -Tess xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment